Monday, August 07, 2006

Weddings, Planes and Tunnels

Hello blog world, so I am back from B.C. Some of you may know, some of you may not, but two friends from CLBI got married this weekend.(Darby and Bryanna) It was a beautiful wedding, and good weekend all round, but I hate that it went by so fast. It was almost surreal, catching up with everyone, and then all of a sudden its over. Oh well, I guess thats how life is....So what is new with me.
I am sick.
I have this nasty head cold, and I hate it. I really want to just walk around with tissues wedged in my nose, but I dont think I would be able to make friends if I did that. Oh do you know what else I hate.....student loan applications...argh! Thats a whole other story that I wont even get into. So today was a very big day, I used my visa card for the first time...and it was pretty exciting, signing the reciept. With every swoosh of the pen for the dramatic loops in my signature I felt just a little more grown up. But I dont like the paranoia the credit card came with. Throughout the night I kept checking my wallet to make sure I had my card, and not some random hooligan who is recklessly spending money that I dont have! For all of you that were worried, thankfully each time I checked it was right where I left it...phew!

Down the mine I dreamed of cricket; I bowled imaginery balls in the dark; I sent the stumps spinning and heard them rattling in the tunnels. No mishap was going to stop me from bowling in the real game, especially this one.
Harold Larwood

3 comments:

kortney said...

Wahoo, a blog all by yourself Tabby.
I'm excited you're a big girl now and have a credit card. My advice? Don't go shopping and max it out.
I didn't do that, but I'm tempted to. One day when I'm rich I will.

heather said...

Don't listen to her Tab, spend as much $$ as you want. Look at me! I do it all the time, and am I ever stressed out about paying my cards off? Just think of me as a role model for your spending....hahahahaha

kortney said...

BLOG BLOG BLOG.
Slacker.