Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Second


Okay so I am being a good blogger, this is the second day of having a blog, and i am blogging. At the beginning of July I was back home in BC for a bit, and then my dad, timmy, and my lovely mother June drove me back for a little Silva Road Trip.
And my da
d found out that a boy that he grew up practically next door to him in Sri Lanka now lives in Saskatoon! Bizarre eh?! Saskatoon, I mean people are shocked that I moved from Abbotsford to Saskatchewan. But Sri Lanka...you go from humid 35+ to -40..i dont think anyone told them about the weather. Anyways the week before the roadtrip down, Oliver (my dads childhood friend) and my dad would talk on the phone, and they both seemed like giddy school girls. I had the opportunity to meet lots of Sri Lanken families(theres lots and lots of us here!) through Oliver and his wife Anouja. They took my phone number and will call me over for Curry and Hang out time! It was pretty sweet... I like to think of it like I am going back to my roots. Even just the first night when we went for dinner we were the first ones there, and we were already like one hour late, everyone showed up at their own accord after of course. (Sri Lanken time usually starts 2-3 hours after) Supper was late, spicy and everyone ate with their hands. Also I think there was a misunderstanding, my dad explained to everyone that I can understand Singhalese (Sri Lanken..if you will) so all night thats all people would talk to me in, and it would take me a long...long time to respond. Which is not in character for a Sri Lanken, especially that group, they were always going going going.
..so they all probably think i am "slow" Thats okay, by the end of the year i hope to maybe somewhat speak Singhalese. Well thats that for todays Blog, until the Third. GoodNight.

1 comment:

kinneyland said...

You look fantastic! How fun to meet a random stranger that isn't so strange to your life. Sounds like good times